Monday, October 8, 2012

MY TOP TEN APPLE DESSERTS

This year was not a good one for North Carolina apples.  An early spring, followed by a freeze, damaged many of the apple blossoms.  It's hard to even find any mountain apples.  Parker Farms and the New Bern Farmer's Market both have North Carolina apples.  I'll warn you ahead -- they're not the best apples.  I've tasted several, and the most flavorful are the winesaps at Parker Farms.  They're small, but make good pies as well as eating apples.  At $1.59/lb., they're not exactly cheap, but here's hoping that next year will be better.

In the meantime, I've put together my ten favorite apple recipes.  Some are simple, some are complex, all are wonderful.  Most are adapted lower-fat, lower-sugar versions, but I think you'll find these recipes are plenty sweet.  Get the recipes....

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you leave me a comment, I feel all warm and fuzzy, like someone out there is really listening.

Bookmark and Share