Friday, January 15, 2010

NEW BERN NOW BLOG CONTEST WIN

Blogging has been my hobby since I retired, almost three years ago. It's been a thoroughly enjoyable hobby, with only one lament: the blogosphere can be a lonely place. I'm happy that I've made new friends that also blog, but none have been from New Bern. Until now. Until I found Wendy. Or she found me.

Wendy Card is an American Red Cross volunteer. She's retired, like me, but owns a post-retirement consulting business (Time for Virtual Assisting) that keeps her busy. She also has a New Bern blog, entitled New Bern Now. The purpose of the blog is to keep New Bernians informed of happenings and to bring people together. She ran a contest recently offering a $100 prize. All anyone had to do was leave a comment on any post. Today, I was notified that I was the winner, and this gave me the opportunity to meet Wendy in person for the first time. We met at the Red Cross office, where she gave me my prize of $100 and we had a short chat that was interrupted by callers who wanted to help Haitian earthquake victims.

My birthday is exactly two weeks from today, so I think I will take my hubby out to dinner to celebrate. Thank you, Wendy. Please check out Wendy's blog to learn more about New Bern and about local relief efforts for Haitian earthquake victims.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Judy, for your kind words and support of New Bern Now. I really like your new blog! Enjoy your weekend.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats dear and have a fantastic birthday dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Vanillastrawberryspringfields. Congratulations! and I wish you all the best for your birthday.Lake Tahoe Bar

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, I feel all warm and fuzzy, like someone out there is really listening.

Bookmark and Share