Wednesday, January 6, 2010

THE 300TH YEAR

It has happened.  We have officially entered New Bern’s 300th year.  The City kicked it off with a First Night that was hugely successful and will be celebrating all year long.

This blog will be a part of that celebration.  I’ll be touting New Bern’s attributes with future posts, enticing you to participate in the many planned activities.  I’ll also be sharing tidbits of New Bern’s rich history with you.  And, since I’m a confirmed food-aholic, you can count on recipes.  But, unlike my other blog, Judy's Kitchen, most of the recipes you’ll find here will have a Southern slant, and some will be recipes of local families. 


New Bern has been dubbed “The Southern Surprise,” and I hope that this blog will also be a pleasant surprise to my readers.  Forgive me for starting with a blog that is still under construction.  I’ll be working on it as I go.  And please, spread the word that there’s a new kid on the block. 

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the Bear Cupboard - we Bear types must stick together! Greetings from the UK! Love your work, Judy.

    ReplyDelete

When you leave me a comment, I feel all warm and fuzzy, like someone out there is really listening.

Bookmark and Share